Thursday, August 19, 2010

(Music) A Lucky Find!


I was browsing music sharing blogs recently and came across something that I had given up hope of ever finding. The group, called No Mercy, was a favorite of mine around 1988 and I played their cassette until the words had rubber off of the plastic, skated (street mostly) and lived my version of the skater bums life. I'd grab my board in the morning and skate all day. Stop at a store and buy a bag of chips and sit out front eating it, and then back out looking for new places to skate.

I remembered the band years later, but I was never able to find a replacement cassette, and as it happens, it was never pressed to CD. I had come to find out that it was out of print and the owner of the rights to it had no intention of re-releasing it.

No Mercy is Mike Muir (of Suicidal Tendencies) doing vocals and Mike Clark (also of Suicidal Tendencies fame) on guitar. It is hardcore Venice metal at its finest. A couple of the songs were re-recorded on various Suicidal Tendencies releases, but these versions are much more raw. The song We're Evil is worth the price of buying it, if you were even able to find it to buy, which is probably not going to happen.

But would I tease you like that and then just leave you hanging? Probably so, but in this case I wont. Below is a link to download this fine piece of work... its a vinyl rip, but sounds really good. If you have some sort of qualms about downloading music, remember that this is not in print, nor is it for sale anywhere, so you arent actually taking away a sale from the artist. The release is called Widespread Bloodshed-Love Runs Red. Enjoy!!

No Mercy - Widespread Bloodshed-Love Runs Red

No comments:

Post a Comment